Dual-study scheme / apprenticeship
Combine theory and practice
Every year starting in August / September, Douglas offers a dual-study scheme based at our headquarters in Düsseldorf. The application phase starts a year before the study course and you can find details of vacancies in our online jobs forum. We also offer various apprenticeships at our headquarters as well as at our office in Hagen.
- You will study “Business Administration (B.A.)”at the FOM University of Applied Sciences in Düsseldorf.
- In addition to lectures, you will complete a traineeship at our headquarters. Please be aware that we do not cooperate with any other university.
- Every three months, you will move to a new division within Douglas. This will enable you to become familiar with various departments such as Purchasing, Marketing, E-Commerce, Human Resources or Accounting.
- Over the busy Christmas period, you will assist our team by working in one of our stores.
- We offer many of our dual students permanent employment once they have completed their studies.
- You should have an Abitur or other higher education entrance qualification with good grades in mathematics, German and English.
- You should be hard-working and show an above-average level of commitment
- You should be able to work independently.
- You should be communicative and outgoing and possess excellent analytical and conceptual skills.
- You should be able to grasp new topics quickly and should relish a challenge.
- You should be a genuine team player and enjoy taking on responsibility.
- We open the requisition one year ahead
- Applications are only accepted online
- You can apply for the dual-study from August/ September to December. After that period, an application is not possible anymore.
- We preselect the applications by defined criteria. Selected applicants pass through a multi-stage screening process, including a telephone interview, an online assessment and a personal itnerview.