DOUGLAS is Europe’s leading omni-channel beauty destination. We inspire customers to live their own kind of beauty by offering an unparalleled assortment in online stores, via a partner program and in around 1,800 stores. Strengthening our successful omni-channel positioning while consistently developing the customer experience is at the heart of our strategy. In its fiscal year 2021/22, DOUGLAS generated sales of 3.65 billion euros in perfume, decorative cosmetic, skin and hair care nutritional supplements, health care and accessories.
FOR OUR E-COM TOWER IN DÜSSELDORF WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU AS
Senior Backend Engineer Java - E-Commerce (f/m/x)
TASKS WITH IMPACT
- You develop state-of-the-art solutions for our e-commerce business
- You create the processes and services on the backend side of our beauty platform
- You are in close contact with your IT colleagues and understand the needs and requirements of a high-performance, secure and stable platform operation
- You take responsibility for technical concepts and their implementation
- You collaborate closely with the business and other stakeholders
YOUR ADDED VALUE
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience as a Backend Engineer or in a similar role with a clear focus on the Java ecosystem
- Solid experience in working with eCommerce applications or frameworks, preferably SAP Commerce (CCv2), alternatively Spryker, commercetools. Oracle Commerce, etc
- Experience in designing, creating and working with micro services in complex cloud architectures (e.g., Azure, Spring Boot, Kubernetes, REST)
- A firm understanding and practical experience in tools and processes to ensure software quality, such as Unit Tests, TDD and Test Automation
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams in an international and agile environment
- Very good English skills, German language skills are a plus
OUR BENEFITS FOR YOU
💻 We want you to feel comfortable at your job. That’s why you’ll receive your own individual work equipment.
⌨️ MacOS, Linux oder Windows. Your choice! Our standard: MacBook Pro 16” with 32 GB RAM
🚀 Your personal development: We want you to grow with us. Become part of our mentoring program, our E-learning platforms, and take advantage of many more individual development offers.
🌴 30 days of vacation per year
📍 You like a hybrid working model? We offer a balance between mobile work and office days in a collaborative environment.
🍒 Super Sale: Our employee discount for both online and in store is the cherry on the top. Not enough? More discount opportunities are available to you thanks to our corporate benefits.
🏋️ You like fitness? Great! Then our gym pass is just right for you.
🧃 Canteen & bistro, as well as free drinks
🎉 A positive and motivating environment & celebration of successes
✨ Company events
Then become a part of our international company and send your application including your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations.
We can't wait to meet you!
As an international employer, we stand for equal opportunities and diversity. Therefore, we welcome applications from mothers, fathers, people with disabilities and people from the LGBTQIA+ community. Please let us know if, for example, we should use a gender-neutral pronoun, if you need barrier-free access to our offices or if you want us to allow more time for the application process.