DOUGLAS is the leading premium beauty platform in Europe. Offering more than 160,000 beauty and lifestyle products in online shops, the beauty marketplace and over 2,000 stores, DOUGLAS inspires customers to live their own kind of beauty by offering a previously unparalleled assortment. The continued expansion of the fast-growing e-commerce business is the focus of the #FORWARDBEAUTY.DigitalFirst strategy programme. In fiscal year 2020/2021, DOUGLAS generated sales of 3.1 billion euros in the areas of perfumery, decorative cosmetics, skin and hair care as well as nutritional supplements, health and accessories.
FOR OUR HEADQUARTERS IN DÜSSELDORF WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A
DEVOPS ENGINEER (f/m/d) with focus on Site Reliability
EXPECT EXCITING TASKS
- As a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) you will combine software and system engineering to build and run large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems.
- You ensure that internal and external Douglas services are reliable and the uptime is appropriate to customer/ stakeholder needs.
- Additionally, you will keep an ever-watchful eye on our services and overall performance.
- You will have the opportunity to manage the complex challenges of scale, while using your expertise in programming, complexity analysis and system design.
- The Development and Operations teams are focused on optimizing existing systems, creating reliable new services and eliminate work through
- You need to have fun with a culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity and problem solving.
- Our team brings members together with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
WHAT YOU OFFER
- Knowledge with Unix/ Linux operating system internals (e.g. system calls, etc.), and with networking (e.g. routing, etc.) or cloud operations.
- Experience with analyzing and troubleshooting system and complex (micro) services.
- Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- (Preferred) knowledge in programming in one or more of: Java, Java Script, Python, Go, etc.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills.
EXPECT FROM US
- Professional colleagues in all departments that are willing to help at any time
- A professional onboarding program to ensure a smooth start within a great team
- An extensive online platform with diverse learning opportunities for your personnel development
- A modern and inspiring working environment in our international Douglas Headquarters
- Flexible, trust-based working hours and lots of further benefits, like free water, coffee and tea, discount on our products, sports programs and many more
Does this apply to you? Then become a part of our international company and send your application including your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations.
We look forward to hearing from you!