Douglas is a leading company in the beauty care sector in Europe. With more than 2,500 stores in prime locations across 19 European countries, Douglas holds a strong market position. Its multi-channel offering – which is well integrated across the stores, online shop and mobile application – as well as its continually updated offering of more than 38,000 products make Douglas the frontrunner in the growing selective beauty market. Our about 20,000 highly qualified and dedicated Douglas employees are our greatest asset. They expertly and enthusiastically assist our clients in finding the right products and services to turn each purchase into a unique shopping experience.
The E-Commerce IT Operations unit at Douglas runs online shop systems for major European countries, and works with internal and external software development teams to deliver new features to our customers on a daily basis. As DevOps Architect, your role is to enable development teams to take as mch responsibility as possible for their components, while also making sure that the overall system remains in good health, and providing a mature development tool stack and delivery pipeline. Some technologies we use are OpenStack, AWS, Docker, SaltStack, Kafka, ElasticSearch, BitBucket, Bamboo, SBT, Python, Java, Scala, and custom tools.
For our headquarter in Düsseldorf we are currently looking for a
DevOps Architect (f/m)
EXPECT EXCITING TASKS:
- Overall responsibility for the tool chain for software development and deployment – from source code control, automated build and test, deployment automation to release coordination and operational insight
- provide architectural guidance for building new components and integrating new features with existing software components and infrastructure
- engage in release management, signing off on releases, planning and assigning resources for deploying into production for multiple daily releases
- represent operational topics (such as high availability, performance, data persistence, resilience, observability) in Architecture group discussions
- evangelism on best practices in software development, configuration management, build strategy etc.
- onboarding new teams and external agencies onto the Douglas infrastructure and tool stack
WHAT YOU OFFER:
- relevant education and at least 5 years of professional experience in software development
- deep knowledge and interest in IT operations, such as virtualization infrastructure, networks, containerization, Linux OS, monitoring, log aggregation, sytem metrics
- proven skills in deployment automation and configuration maangement solutions, such as SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, as well as build processes for Java and Scala and container technology
- prior work experience in software build engineering, DevOps, SRE and great familiarity with common issues in software development and QA processes
- working knowledge of programming languages like Java and Python, and running JVM applications
- ideally you have prior experience in managing customer-facing, web-based systems to high availability in an E-Commerce setting
- 100% fluency in English, German language skills are a plus
EXPECT FROM US:
- an international team of passionate technologists, using a state-of-the-art technology stack
- continuous professional development of your skillset and project experience
- an environment that values your creative ideas for improving architecture and processes
- challenging projects, and a team that will support you in mastering them
Does this apply to you? Then become a part of our international company and send your application including your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations. We look forward to hearing from you!